Saturday 17 April 2010

The Power of the Cross


Romans 6:8-11
: "Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, He cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over Him. The death He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life He lives, He lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."


When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of Glory died;
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the death of Christ, my God;
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.

See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.


What powerful words. "Love so amazing, love so divine."



1 Peter 1:3: "Praise be to the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us New Birth into a living Hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ..."


Christ died for me. He took upon all of my sin, gave up his life, and saved me. I am not worthy! What a wonderful gift; I cannot even comprehend God's love for me. Hallelujah, He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment