Wednesday 24 March 2010

Adventure Four: Barcelona, Spain

Hello Barcelona!

First off, the city was beautiful AND there was a beach. What more could a girl ask for? Oh I know .... wonderful friends to spend four days in Barcelona with ... never mind, God gave me that too. 12 of us Americans managed to squeeze into an apartment that was meant for 8 people. But no worries, we made it work! I have never felt so close to these people; I have spent the majority of my time abroad with them and I just realized how hard it will be to leave them when I go home. I hate thinking about it! We are all so different, but I have been given an opportunity to be an example and witness. It's been such a great experience living, talking, sharing, and having so much fun with this group of people. All I know is I have a whole page of hysterical quotes from Barcelona ... so fun.

Second, we went on a bike ride. Yes, we did. Pretty sure I haven't taken a ride on a bike since I was maybe twelve years old ... on my white and pink bike. So needless to say when I heard "bike ride," my joy turned into absolute fear. However, it turned out being the best part of Barcelona. Five of us rented bikes, with little bells on 'em, and rode around Barcelona for two hours. It was amazing. I might have almost run over a small child, but it was definitely his fault .... I think. Anyways, we saw the Sagrada Familia (a beautiful, huge, Gothic church), the bull fighting arena, Spain's version of the Arc de Triomphe (the original is in Paris), and the beach! Our map of the city, which was placed in Steph's back pocket, ended up falling out and we got lost. But Steph used her perfect Spanish speaking skills to find our way home. Again, it was amazing.

Third, we didn't actually eat local food, but we made some good food. A group of us bought pasta, several sauces, garlic cheese bread, and made one delicious dinner ... while listening to some good music. It's one of those memories that wasn't a big deal at the time, but I will remember for a long time.

I hated to leave Barcelona, and I hated even more to leave my friends. However, on Monday we all separated into smaller groups to continue our travels around Europe. Steph, Lindsey, and I are ready to take on Europe together! Our next stop: Prague! Once again, God has been so good. He has kept us safe traveling, and He has blessed us with so many great opportunities. I can't explain the joy He has brought me just in four short days in one city. I can't wait to see what comes next.


No comments:

Post a Comment